Join University of Miami Hillel as the Director of Operations and be part of a team helping to enrich the lives of students and shape the future of Jewish life on campus. The organization actively seeks to engage Jewish students by providing students with meaningful Jewish opportunities, which are empowering and engaging. Through a creative mix of leadership training, education, volunteerism, social, spiritual, and cultural opportunities, students are inspired to realize their potential and become the best versions of themselves.
University of Miami Hillel is housed in the state-of-art Braman Miller Center for Jewish Student Life. A 16,000 SF facility with student lounges, co-working spaces, roof-top lounge and deck, sanctuaries – all in line with a high standard of Miami lifestyle and brings Judaism to the forefront of campus in a significant way and enables UM Hillel to live up to its potential.
What You’ll Do
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to ensure operational excellence.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of University of Miami Hillel including:
- Ongoing evaluation of Hillel’s systems and protocols (safety, compliance, etc.)
- Supervise a full-time Building Manager as well as student employees.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with various University of Miami administrative, IT, and maintenance entities, in addition to outside vendors.
- Manage the relationship with our off-site bookkeeping team.
- Oversee the management of our donor database, Little Green Light.
- Support UM Hillel’s professional team and Board of Directors including:
- Manage HR, payroll, and benefits.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Maintain records of Board meetings and actions.
- Maintain records of organization policies.
- Manage board calendar and all preparations and arrangements for board meetings.
- Assist Executive Director in preparation of the annual budget.
- Building Management and Rental
- Oversee rental schedule for Braman Miller Center for Jewish Student Life.
- Implement and manage a reservation system to handle heavy utilization of a building designed for both campus and community use.
- Create plan to generate additional building rental opportunities, increasing UM Hillel’s presence within the Miami community.
- Work with contractors, vendors, suppliers, and custodial support to ensure the facility is conducive to its intended uses and is maintained in professional condition.
- Relentlessly pursue opportunities for efficiencies while maintaining standards.
- Ensure office and building compliance with state and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness plans.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- You are a systematic, creative problem solver with great attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- You are a self-starter who also works well as part of a team. You are cool under pressure, enjoy people of all ages (especially college students) and enjoy helping an organization advance.
- A background in organizational financial management is necessary. Experience in facilities management and non-profit HR is ideal. IT knowledge is helpful; comfort with computers and web or cloud-based systems is essential.
- No task that advances the organization is too small or too large to capture your attention and initiative.
- Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. We will consider seasoned professionals as well as those with only a few years of experience.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $80,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- A supportive and caring work environment.
About University of Miami Hillel
The University of Miami Hillel helps students navigate the University experience and discover for themselves what it means to be universally human and distinctively Jewish. Hillel endeavors to create a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment to foster student growth while inspiring students to be dedicated to Jewish life, culture, values, and peoplehood. Through tzedek (social justice) programs, Jewish learning, spirituality, trips to Israel, and social and religious events, Hillel engages students on their own terms while empowering students who already participate to energize and deepen their Jewish commitment.
Miami is home to one of the largest Jewish communities in the United States which is extremely active, with dozens of Jewish day schools, synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for organizational involvement. Miami is an incredible multi-cultural city with social and educational opportunities galore. And we’ve got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year-round, and never, ever any snow.
University of Miami Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.